In the Field
National Geographic has supported exploration, education, and conservation since 1888.
The Global Exploration Fund establishes local support for research, conservation, and exploration projects in Northern Europe and China.
Learn about the people and projects we support around the world.
Attend exhibitions and live events at our headquarters in Washington, D.C., and in cities across the United States and Canada.
Nick Spellman introduces kids to wild critters, the first Sunday of every month.
Let Nick Spellman introduce your kids to the creepiest critters. Second Sundays of the month through January 2011.
NatGeo News Watch Blog
- Top 10 Headlines Today: Alaska Volcano Erupts, Moles Help Archaeologists…
- Elephants in Captivity: A Perspective from Former AZA Director/William Conway Chair of Conservation & Science
- Revenge of the Fifth: Explorer Maimed by Wookiee For Winning “Chess” Game
- The Cheetah in Kenya
- From Dr. Seuss to Disney, a Surprising History of Propaganda
- Pictures: Take a Look Through Nature’s Most Transparent Animals
- The Greenest Ways to Get Around
4 spirited writers on the new, odd, and awesome.